Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Keeping myself occupied!

Today was just one of those days. If there was a day where everything could go wrong today was that day!!! David keeps telling me the Lord wouldn't give us these hardship if he didn't think we could handle them. Lately I have just felt lost, I don't know if I am coming or going, if I am up or down. We have also been very blessed this week, and I don't feel worthy enough for the many blessing we have received. Most days I just want my mom, or to sit on my dads lap in his chair, as he hugs me and tells me everything will be fine. I don't understand how my oldest sister Chrissy has lived away from my parents for so long, and 6 of those years she lived in Germany, 2 in Utah, and 2 in Oklahoma. She has to be a strong person to be able to do that, because I don't feel very strong right now. The only thing that could make me smile today, was the movement of our little soccer/foot ball player, and that even made me cry, because I don't feel like I am ready for him to come.

So after a lot of crying today and talking to my husband (David works nights for the next couple of days) and dad on the phone, I realized I needed to get my mind off of the stress I am putting on my body and our little soccer/foot ball player. First I really needed to do the dishes, so I did the dishes, then I cleaned up our bedroom area, I then set up little boys cradle That really wasn't relaxing, but it needed to get done. So what I did next is the only thing that some what relaxes me, I went to sewing/crafting. The reason I set up the cradle was so I could make a pad for the bottom of it, I made it out of a box, batting, garbage bag, and a hot glue gun. first I measured the bottom of the cradle so I could cut the box to the right size, then I cut the batting to fit the box then I glued the batting to the box, then I wrapped a garbage bag around it and glued it on to the box as well, I did this just in case there is a blow out of a diaper I don't have to remake the padding again. I then just wrapped fabric around the pad and safety pined it on. And this is what I came up with.




I had some left over batting and I made this little goat because I could, I think it turned out pretty cute.



Now it is 2 am and I should be in bed since I have to wake up at 7 to pick up David from work. I'm sorry for the ranting, I just homesick. I hope my sister will not make me so homesick when she comes down next month. This will be her first time in Arizona, I'm not sure what we will do since I will be a lot bigger and a lot more round and feeling like I am ready to pop, but I really hope we can make some good memories. I hope you all have a great day/week.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Di!! Good job.
    It's this stage of pregnancy! I remember before M was born I was so anti-social. Don't you remember I would rarely talk to anyone on the phone, not even you. I just wanted to stay home in bed and do nothing. It'll pass.
    Being away from home isn't easy but it has made me who I am. I have learned to be self reliant and not dependent on my parents for every needful thing. It has made me step out of my comfort zone and learn to be me!
    You are doing a good job! Just keep plugging along!

    ReplyDelete